[Libav-user] segmentation fault on avcodec_decode_video2( ) call

Jason Blum jason.j.blum at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 15:53:18 CET 2014

Hello. I have been wrestling with a bug for a long while now. I'm new at
this, so I figure it's coming from me, but I just can't find the issue. I
am trying to decode the h264 video stream from an AR.Drone, but every time
I call avcodec_decode_video2( ) my program immediately segfaults. I posted
this on stack overflow in detail (includes link to source code, console
output, and valgrind output):

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22161211/ar-drone-2-ffmpeg-avcodec-decode-video2-segmentation-fault

The only response I received there doesn't seem relevant or helpful.

Btw, if I use "codecContext->debug = true;", I get a segfault in a
different avcodec library function call. I can post that valgrind output
later as well, but I don't have access to it right now.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want to abandon my c++
implementation of this.

Thanks,
Jason