[Libav-user] flushing internal buffers using custom I/O

Selmeci, Tamás tselmeci at open-st.eu
Fri Apr 10 14:06:59 CEST 2015

On Fri, 2015-04-10 at 11:03 +0000, Hung Nguyen wrote:
> From transcoding.c example, there’s a flush_encoder(int stream_index) example.
> It works by simply provides the decoder null packet, which was initialised likes this:
>
>     AVPacket packet = {.data = NULL, .size = 0};
[...]

This is not okay, since the solution is not to flush the decoder. I
always feed the decoder with correct frames. What I need is to avoid
getting incomplete frames from the demultiplexer - how can I flush/reset
the demultiplexer itself without reopening the stream?
--
Selmeci Tamás
http://www.open-st.eu/