[Libav-user] write hls stream to disc

Georg Stein georg_stein at t-online.de
Sat Apr 18 06:44:53 CEST 2015

Hello,
i still have the same problem here.
Whilke i now tried a lot of things in the Inputcontext without a result,
i got the idea, that perhaps my output where i write the frames to disc
is the problem.

I checked the download of the single segments of the hls stream with
wget, and here i got a list with around 2000 segments where i was able
to download each very fast (also with wget), they all have a size form
about 600K and 5 secs duration. So the incoming data is not really a
problem here

back to my thougts, i ask me now if perhaps the while loop where i write
my packets is blocking the reading of the followwing segement, i get
alwyays a pause form around 4 secs after each segement before the next
one is coming in and written to disc.

- do i have to set a buffer in the outputcontext?
- will increasing the threadcount help here

with regards
Georg