[Libav-user] Can not delete video file while program is running

Kevin J. Brooks kbrooks at r2c-ss.com
Tue Nov 3 23:15:11 CET 2015

Hello All,

I have a program that the user can start and stop recording video at
their will.  Each time the user starts recording, the video is saved to
a new file.  The problem is if the user decides to delete a newly
created video without shutting down my program first, then he is unable
to do so.  Windows tells the user that my program still has the file
open.  Here is my code when the user stops recording.

av_write_trailer(m_oc);

avcodec_close(m_videoCodecCTX);

avcodec_close(m_audioCodecCTX);

sws_freeContext(m_video_st.sws_ctx);