[Libav-user] avformat_alloc_output_context2 with WEBM defaults to VP9/Opus now - need to change

black copper blackcopper1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 15:01:28 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am using FFmpeg Zeranoe builds for Windows. I took a snapshot of their
builds few months ago, and just recently decided to upgrade it.

As with previous build, when I called avformat_alloc_output_context2()
function with something like:

avformat_alloc_output_context2(&ocVid, NULL, NULL, "test.webm")

I always got the right codec: WebM with VP8 video and Vorbis audio.

Now, with the latest build, it is giving me VP9 video and Opus audio. Due
to some reasons, Opus just don't seem to work with me, giving me error with
function:

avcodec_open2()

with some text like: "Invalid argument" (when seen with av_strerror()
function ).

I just want to use VP8/Vorbis; any ideas how I can
force avformat_alloc_output_context2() to use this?

Thanks,