[Libav-user] ffmpeg master, versions and new APIs

Gonzalo ggarra13 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 22:39:01 CEST 2016

I recently upgraded to the latest master and found a bunch of functions
marked as deprecated.  Mainly all the avcodec_decode* functions.  Albeit
deprecated it seems no code is yet using the new api (
avcodec_send_packet, etc).
Also, I understand st->codec is now replaced by st->codecpar as a future
change of the api.
The new send/receive encoding/decoding api warns that it is not
compatible with the previous functions.  I could not find any use of the
new api in either ffmpeg or ffplay.
I wonder how should I proceed for my program.  Should I stick with the
latest master or settle on a release/3.0 version for example? Also, how
will zeranoe proceed?   I would not like to support two versions of the
api in different OSes.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggarra13 at gmail.com