[Libav-user] mpeg4 decoding with CODEC_FLAG_TRUNCATED: memleak and missing last image

Gajdosik Johannes j.gajdosik at pke.at
Mon Jun 13 15:56:11 CEST 2016

Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ...> writes:

>Gajdosik Johannes <j.gajdosik at ...> writes:
>
>> In my code I use CODEC_FLAG_TRUNCATED for mpeg4 decoding.
>> But this gives me 2 bugs in my program: a memleak an a
>> missing decoded image.
>
>Should be fixed, thank you for the report!
>
>Carl Eugen

Thanks, I confirm that the memleak is fixed in current git.

But the other error still remains: I cannot get the last image out of the mpeg4 decoder when CODEC_FLAG_TRUNCATED is enabled. My original post contains the testing program with instructions that demonstrate this misbehaviour.

Thanks in advance,
Johannes Gajdosik