[Libav-user] Licensing Issues with Modifying libavformat/libavformat.av

billcame at comcast.net billcame at comcast.net
Fri Jun 17 15:46:01 CEST 2016

I am compiling FFmpeg for both Mac and Windows. For Mac, I can compile the source unmodified as is and use it. For Windows, I have to modify libavformat/libavformat.av in order to allow 2 functions to be exported in avformat.dll. This is the only modification. The two functions are accessible from the unmodified source code compiled as dylibs.

Is this considered a configuration option while building? I am concerned about licensing issues modifying FFmpeg source. When FFmpeg is configured, it is compiled without "--enable-gpl" and without "--enable-nonfree" but with "--enable-shared".