[Libav-user] Last audio frame missing when transcoding to H264

Robin Stevens rdstevens at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 02:13:01 EEST 2016

On Tuesday, 11 October 2016, M N <assemblerx86 at yandex.com> wrote:

> I have had this problem for two weeks and not two days, I have also sent
> other mails to the mailing list and got no answer (And didn't include my
> code in them.) I have been asking for help daily on the IRC channel, no one
> could help. What I tried was changing the whole EOF state and flushing code
> of transoding multiple times and changing options in the AVCodecContext,
> and also tried changing libx264 options.
>
> I no longer want help as there wont be anyways since no one seems to know
> the problem, but I will try my best to fix it, and when I do, I wont post
> on how I did solve it, let it stay a mystery

Well that's your prerogative, but what a curious attitude.

How much did you pay for FFmpeg? How much support does that entitle you to?

How much is FFmpeg worth? How much would it cost to produce it commercially
(got to be millions).

You could always write your own code to transcode arbitrary MP4 files to
h.264 encoding; the relevant standards documents are all available to
purchase.

Some constructive advice?

Make the smallest possible program to reproduce the problem, ideally no
more than tens of lines.

Explain *exactly* what is happening, and *exactly* what should be happening.

Explain what you've tried: what did you do? Why did you do it? What made
you think it would help?

Do all of this with reference to the code.

999 times out of a thousand that process will lead you to the solution. If
you're feeling community minded, publish your notes for the benefit of
others.

If that still doesn't fix it, you may have hit on a legitimate bug and
someone here might be interested in helping to fix it. Though by that stage
you can probably fix it yourself and contribute the fix back.

And you will have learned a tremendous amount and levelled up as a
programmer.

I know it's frustrating when things are difficult, but you're not doing
yourself any favours with that attitude.

Cheers
Rob