[Libav-user] Audio stream is longer than video when muxing

Michael IV explomaster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 14:29:43 EEST 2018

Hi. I will ask again,as nobody answered. I am performing muxing,based on
muxing.c
example.But in my case the audio comes from a file,which sometimes is
longer (in terms of duration) then the video stream. For some reason,even
that I am checking and comparing current times of both streams,at the
end,the final video has a length longer than planned by up to 20% (depends
on audio type and sample rate) .I was expecting to stop adding new audio
samples to the buffer once I stop writing interleaved frames for audio. But
it doesn't happen. How can I fix it? Do I need to add somewhere in the
output stream or format context total audio/or video duration so that
ffmpeg knows when to stop buffering audio frames?

Here you can see the full problem explanation,including my setup,and the
hack I currently use to minimize the total video length overflow:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49342379/ffmpeg-multiplexing-streams-with-different-duration

Thanks.