[Libav-user] FMP4 -> ADTS/AAC using libavformat/libavcodec

Ronak Patel ronak2121 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 4 15:41:19 EEST 2019

> On Oct 3, 2019, at 6:22 PM, Ronak via Libav-user <libav-user at ffmpeg.org> wrote:
>
> I am in a time crunch and would appreciate a prompt reply for this…I’m amazed that it is this complicated to append an ADTS header to MPEG4 Audio.

So it looks like I need to make an MPEG4 AudioSpecificConfig.

However I wonder what’s the point of using this muxer if I have to do that. I already specified all the parameters in the CodecParameters struct.

I’m thinking of abandoning FFmpeg to write the adts header and just do this myself.

This is just too complicated of a public api with too little documentation which provides almost no value.

There isn’t even a public helper function I can call to make that AudioSpecificConfig.

I would suggest these apis be added to Ffmpeg to make this a lot easier. If these apis already exist; I would suggest they be documented MUCH better.