[Libav-user] Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer

Steve Dibb steve.dibb at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 08:13:00 EET 2020

Hey there,

I posted this on ffmpeg-user and they referred me to this list instead.

I'm writing a remuxer for Blu-rays, and I've got everything working well,
except sometimes I will run into these errors:

[matroska @ 0x1782480] Application provided invalid, non monotonically
increasing dts to muxer in stream 1: 66413 >= 11651

I've got my C code here:
https://gist.github.com/beandog/0f9a3721eeb6e4633c5f25a2f8d32450

Basically, I'm doing av_read_frame(input, &bluray_packet),
then updating pts, dts  using av_rescale_q_rnd and duration with
av_rescale_q
then av_interleaved_write_frame(output, &bluray_packet);

So no encoding on it, just copying it over.

Any idea how to work around these errors?

Thanks! :D

Steve