[Libav-user] (no subject)

kode54 at gmail.com kode54 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 09:58:19 EET 2020

On Wed, 2020-03-11 at 10:12 +0400, Slav wrote:
> I hope I managed to avoid top-posting in gmail ^^

Nope, you didn't. Top posting, since you apparently didn't bother to
look it up, means replying to a message by typing your reply above the
quoted original message. GMail makes this really easy to do, since it
even completely hides the original message by default.

Apple Mail on mobile devices makes it almost impossible to not do,
since it likes to make deleting parts of the quoted message, or typing
in the middle of the quote block, a painful process.

> Trying to convert it to RGB with sws_scale(), but can't properly
> provide it with AVFrames. Here is 3 different ways I try to create
> AVFrames: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/fdqFNVpJBM/
> What could be the problem? Thanks in advance!
>
> ср, 11 мар. 2020 г. в 03:34, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com>:
> > Am Di., 10. März 2020 um 15:41 Uhr schrieb Slav <slavmfm at gmail.com>
> > :
> > >
> > > Thank you for your answer!
> > > It is exactly so: 3 smaller images in the middle and even smaller
> > and more below.
> >
> > Maybe not yuv420p but probably the wrong pix_fmt
> >
> > > How can I convert it to RGB (24 bits)? And overall, how can I
> > always get RGB images from any video file I open?
> >
> > There is a filtering / scaling example in doc/examples (the scale
> > filter is
> > able to do pix_fmt conversion).
> >
> > Please find out what top-posting means and avoid it here.

I think you'll find that most modern web mail silos like GMail and
Exchange, and mail clients like Windows Mail and Apple Mail, especially
on mobile devices, make it darn near impossible to do anything but top
posting. But I guess sane formatting is worth relegating discussion to
users of what are effectively niche clients.

For instance, Evolution, from the Gnome desktop environment, lets me
bottom post, and also kindly offers to let me downgrade a message to
plaintext before replying to it.