[Libav-user] (no subject)

Slaus slavmfm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 10:38:48 EET 2020

On Wed, 2020-03-11 at 00:58 -0700, kode54 at gmail.com wrote:
> On Wed, 2020-03-11 at 10:12 +0400, Slav wrote:
> > I hope I managed to avoid top-posting in gmail ^^
>
> Nope, you didn't. Top posting, since you apparently didn't bother to
> look it up, means replying to a message by typing your reply above
> the
> quoted original message. GMail makes this really easy to do, since it
> even completely hides the original message by default.
>
> Apple Mail on mobile devices makes it almost impossible to not do,
> since it likes to make deleting parts of the quoted message, or
> typing
> in the middle of the quote block, a painful process.
>

> > Trying to convert it to RGB with sws_scale(), but can't properly
> > provide it with AVFrames. Here is 3 different ways I try to create
> > AVFrames: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/fdqFNVpJBM/
> > What could be the problem? Thanks in advance!
> >
> > ср, 11 мар. 2020 г. в 03:34, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com>:
> > > Am Di., 10. März 2020 um 15:41 Uhr schrieb Slav <
> > > slavmfm at gmail.com>
> > > :
> > > and more below.
> > >
> > > Maybe not yuv420p but probably the wrong pix_fmt

> > > always get RGB images from any video file I open?
> > >
> > > There is a filtering / scaling example in doc/examples (the scale
> > > filter is
> > > able to do pix_fmt conversion).
> > >
> > > Please find out what top-posting means and avoid it here.
>
> I think you'll find that most modern web mail silos like GMail and
> Exchange, and mail clients like Windows Mail and Apple Mail,
> especially
> on mobile devices, make it darn near impossible to do anything but
> top
> posting. But I guess sane formatting is worth relegating discussion
> users of what are effectively niche clients.
>
> For instance, Evolution, from the Gnome desktop environment, lets me
> bottom post, and also kindly offers to let me downgrade a message to
> plaintext before replying to it.
>
> > > Carl Eugen

I just don't wanna look ignorant, so have to justify myself ^^ : I
found this post about gmail top-posting:
https://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/18660/set-up-gmail-to-place-the-quoted-text-on-top-of-my-reply-for-bottom-posting
- 22 likes with no satisfying answer, then got to this one:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21394987/gmail-how-do-i-not-top-post-in-gmail-replies
where it says you have to preselect any text before hitting "Reply"
button, which I did and immediately after posting did notice that I
failed to avoid top-posting ^^ (you're right about gmail completely
hiding previous content so it's hard to see where you type: above or
below it).
So, currently posting from within Evolution (it's actually pretty lit)
to see if it's gonna help, sorry for experimenting on you guys ^^