[Libav-user] FFMPEG to decode I frames

Mercier, T.J. mercthom at lab126.com
Fri Nov 6 17:45:26 EET 2020

I had the same problem as you, but this worked for me: "I tried sending a NULL packet and using avocdec_flush_buffers() to flush out the decoded frame"

Even though it was functionally correct, that approach was too slow. If I remember correctly that was due to (re)initialization time for the decoder.

However, I ended up moving all the decode to NVDEC directly anyway.