[Libav-user] FFMPEG to decode I frames

rohit khali khali.rohit at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 04:58:25 EET 2020

Thanks a lot Mercier for responding.

I also had tried sending a NULL packet and using avocdec_flush_buffers() to
flush out the decoded frame" however for some cases I had to even create a
new decode context. That is even bad. In my case decode speed is very
crucial.

Does NVDEC decoder allow us to get I frames immediately?

I used FFMPEG to get codec coverage (h264,mpeg2, hevc,j2k) but its
disappointing to not been able to get I frames for H264. I guess similar
problem will be there for hevc too. Isn't it?

Regards,
Rohit Khali