[Libav-user] Difficulty decoding libvpx VP8 with Alpha as RGBA

Craig Turner turner.craig at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 12:52:12 EET 2021

OK thank you very much for the tips. I will have to dig into that a bit
deeper, so far I haven't had to build the libraries myself. One further
question: do you expect similar dependencies/config for vp9 with alpha as
well?

Can you confirm that in general alpha-decoding should work with the ffmpeg
libraries? At least "the Internet" claims ffmpeg can handle these streams
and I was able to create a pre-multiplied version of the video using libvpx
which suggests it does work somehow with that same build.