[Libav-user] Difficulty decoding libvpx VP8 with Alpha as RGBA

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 19:13:35 EET 2021

Am Mo., 1. Feb. 2021 um 12:00 Uhr schrieb Craig Turner <turner.craig at gmail.com>:

> OK thank you very much for the tips. I will have to dig into that a bit deeper,
> so far I haven't had to build the libraries myself.

Building FFmpeg should be trivial, you need a bash shell.

> One further question: do you expect similar dependencies/config for vp9
> with alpha as well?

Yes.

> Can you confirm that in general alpha-decoding should work with
> the ffmpeg libraries?

It does not work with the native decoder, only using libvpx.
I am not sure if it is necessary to disable the native decoder
but I would test it to be sure.

Before posting again on this mailing list, please find out what
top-posting means and avoid it here.

Carl Eugen