[Libav-user] Issue with encoding amr

Mohammadreza Rostam pooya.rostam at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 16:04:49 EEST 2022

Hi everyone,

I would like to encode a simple pcm to amr using libavcodec.

To begin with, I compiled ffmpeg and ran the encode_audio example and it
worked fine for the default Mp2 codec.

Then modified the encode_audio
<https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/master/doc/examples/encode_audio.c>
example and replace AV_CODEC_ID_MP2 with AV_CODEC_ID_AMR_NB and changed
bit_rate, sample_rate, and channel_layout to 12200, 8000, and
AV_CH_LAYOUT_MONO respectively. Now, I am getting invalid fastbin entry
(free) error.

The compiled ffmpeg cli binary worked as expected and encodes audio files
to amr successfully, so the issue is not in compilation or the linking step.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Pouya