[Libav-user] Effects of passing contexts (format, codec) between threads

Olzhas Zhumabek anonymous.from.applecity at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 01:55:04 EEST 2022

Hi,

Recently when utilizing ffmpeg to decode av1 codec video, I started seeing
weird errors when transitioning from single threaded implementation to
multi threaded one. av_read_frame started failing, because the context got
its priv_data set to NULL (there were no lines except thread initialization
between the line I observed NULL on and the line where it was non-NULL).
Does ffmpeg somehow differentiate between which thread it is run on and
what can I do to preserve correctness of my program?