[Libav-user] RTSP and duration limitation

Yurii Monakov monakov.y at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 22:04:06 EET 2023

Hello

If you are using ffmpeg on the client too, this is a strange feature of
core demuxer. RTP timestamp wraps
at 2^32/(90000*3600) ~= 13 hours 15 minutes. RTP decoder correctly unwraps
RTP timestamps to 64-bit
values. But later, in demux.c, they are treated as 32-bit and incorrectly
unwrapped twice, producing negative
timestamp deltas.

You can set correct_ts_overflow ffmpeg parameter on the client to fix this.

If you are not using ffmpeg as RTSP client, you can look at finalize_packet
function in libavformat/rtpdec.c
to write your own unwrap code.

Yurii

Ср, 15 февр. 2023 г. в 08:54, wolverin via Libav-user <libav-user at ffmpeg.org