[Libav-user] Creating Panned MP3 Clips

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 08:35:38 EET 2023

вс, 1 янв. 2023 г., 09:10 Terry Corbet <tcorbet at ix.netcom.com>:

> I have recently discovered how to use the Audacity Envelope Tool to turn
> a standard stereo MP3 file into a modified one in which throughout the
> entire duration of the clip the apparent source of the sounds will
> traverse from left to right.

may be pan filter can do something by altering volumes of individual
channels but as far as I can see you can't change its parameters at runtime?

https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#Changing-options-at-runtime-with-a-command

====
Filter pan
  Remix channels with coefficients (panning).
    Inputs:
       #0: default (audio)
    Outputs:
       #0: default (audio)
pan AVOptions:
   args              <string>     ..F.A......
===

no T , as you can see (ffmpeg 5.1)

I wonder if our software (cinelerra-gg, video editor, so a bit heavyweight)
can do this via built-in keyframing .. I'll ask on our maillist.

While I could use that workflow to