[FFmpeg-devel] file protocol with Unicode support

Kirill Gavrilov gavr.mail at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 22:24:31 CEST 2011

Hi, I'm newbie here.

No Unicode API in FFmpeg make me very sad (this is important only for
Windows applications).
I partially investigate the current i/o and found that creating Unicode
versions for major functions cause to create the tons of another stuff.
But I found another 'stupid' way - I define new fileU protocol which assume
the input path is in utf-8, automatically converts it to the utf16 string
and use Unicode function to open the file.

Tell me if there is a better way to provide Unicode support or give me your
suggestions how I should modify the patch.
Thanks.
Kirill Gavrilov,
Software designer.