[FFmpeg-devel] file protocol with Unicode support

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Apr 13 14:25:36 CEST 2011

Le quartidi 24 germinal, an CCXIX, Kirill Gavrilov a écrit :
> Something like this (in attach)?

This looks right; but do not take it as a definite answer.

> But parsing input file name as UTF-8 only for Windows we make confusion in
> API.

The confusion in API is already there: Unix filenames are sequences of
bytes, windows filenames are sequences of 16-bits words.

> However some people that currently can enter filenames in system-defined
> code page (and contains the symbols outside the ASCII) will got open file
> error.

You mean that the current, unchanged API, already allows to open i18ned
filenames?

That not what I understood from the first mail.

What _is_ the problem with the current situation?

> +/* system dependent open file function (redirect to _wopen() on Windows) */
> +int ff_open_file(const char *filename, int oflag, int pmode);

Nitpick: doxygen-style comment.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George