[FFmpeg-devel] file protocol with Unicode support

Kirill Gavrilov gavr.mail at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 14:14:22 CEST 2011

2011/4/13 Nicolas George <nicolas.george at normalesup.org>

> As for the solution to your problem, I believe the best solution is to
> replace the open call in os_support.c.

Something like this (in attach)?

Having a different protocol will just make things more messier.

But parsing input file name as UTF-8 only for Windows we make confusion in
API.
As for me - there no much difference and these changes will not broke open
procedure
even in existing code. However some people that currently can enter
filenames in
system-defined code page (and contains the symbols outside the ASCII) will
got open file error.