[FFmpeg-devel] [SWScale]Creating my own filter

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Fri Apr 15 12:11:35 CEST 2011

On date Thursday 2011-04-14 19:55:51 +0200, Jean-Michel Hautbois encoded:
> Hi all !
>
> I would like to create my own upscaling filter, inspired by the fast
> bilinear filter, inside the libswscale.
> But I have to say it is quite complex... I can't find any docs (and
> some messages on this mainling list say there is not :)), and there
> are a lot of macros defining functions.
> So, I don't really know where to start. The main objective is to make
> an ARM optimized scaler, but in order to do that, I would like, as a
> start, to re-create a bilinear one.

Of course you can write a filter for it, but I believe the right place
where to implement the scaling is within libswscale (and have it
automatically integrated into the scale filter).

Anyway some cleanup work is going on with libswscale, and possibly
ARM-optimization will be added (also check the libav-devel ML). If you
want to help with that would be much welcome, ask if you have specific
questions.

--
FFmpeg = Fantastic & Forgiving Minimal Ponderous Ecumenical Ghost