[FFmpeg-devel] [SWScale]Creating my own filter

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Apr 16 16:34:34 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:11:35PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Thursday 2011-04-14 19:55:51 +0200, Jean-Michel Hautbois encoded:
> > Hi all !
> >
> > I would like to create my own upscaling filter, inspired by the fast
> > bilinear filter, inside the libswscale.
> > But I have to say it is quite complex... I can't find any docs (and
> > some messages on this mainling list say there is not :)), and there
> > are a lot of macros defining functions.
> > So, I don't really know where to start. The main objective is to make
> > an ARM optimized scaler, but in order to do that, I would like, as a
> > start, to re-create a bilinear one.
[...]

you can just look at the x86 optimizations and add similar
arm optimizations there.

also note, that iam the author of libswscale and what is done in libav
with swscale is just a messup that adds 2200 lines of duplicated c code
i would prefer if optimizations would not be based on top of that.
i dont mind cleanup but something duplicating >2000 lines is no
cleanup, the cleanup there was integrated long before it was ready

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber. -- Plato