[FFmpeg-devel] (trying to be) a voice of reason

Nicolas George nicolas.george
Mon Mar 14 13:14:32 CET 2011

Le quartidi 24 vent?se, an CCXIX, Stefano Sabatini a ?crit?:
> Thanks for taking care to post this, I couldn't agree with you more,
> we should avoid to split the project, the consequences for users and
> free software multimedia would be catastrophic.

Agreed.

> A vote at this point seems a reasonable solution, vote should be
> anonymous and previously discussed on this list or on some other
> public place. Suggestions for setting it up are welcome.

For what it's worth, I have asked to a few cryptographers among my friends
to point me to voting protocols. That would avoid the need of a trusted
third party.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George