[FFmpeg-devel] Copyright claims about material on ffmpeg.org

Nicolas George nicolas.george
Tue Mar 15 19:45:38 CET 2011

Le quintidi 25 vent?se, an CCXIX, Michael Niedermayer a ?crit?:
> So ronald can tell me that his lawyer will help me on monday (without smiley)
> and in context where its obviosuly not a joke but meant as a legal threat.

Actually, yes: if you want to win, you have to be better than your
adversaries.

In this particular case, this is easy: most Free software enthusiasts
despise legal quibbling, you just have to publish the facts honestly and
objectively to gain them over.

By the way, you could probably spite M?ns by claiming trademark on the logo
he wants to keep for himself: he could keep it, but not use it with any
multimedia-related project. But I would advise against it: that would be
acting no better than him.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George