[FFmpeg-devel] Reintroducing FFmpeg to Debian

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Aug 13 16:27:20 CEST 2014

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 00:30:05 +0200
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> I never understood why people who once where friends
> became mutually so hostile

You should know that better than anyone else!

You still claim to be my friend, yet you said and did things
that i have not seen from my enemies, let alone from my friends.
To this day, after 3 years, i still get accused by random people
of thing i supposedly have done against FFmpeg and the spirit
of open source. After 3 years i still have to defend myself against
these baseless attacks!

If you trully want to mend ways, then you and your fellow FFmpeg
developers should stop this constant spreading of lies, this
defamation campaing against libav and its developers that has
been going on for the last 3 and a half years and show at least
the minimum respect you would show to a stranger you meet on the
street. Until you do this, i see very little chance for a healthy
cooperation.

That said, i invite all FFmpeg developers to come to VDD next month
and sit together with everyone. So that we can have a healthy discussion
once again. Drink beer, hot chocolate and have fun together.

			Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.