[FFmpeg-devel] Invitation to VDD and registration

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Aug 16 16:53:27 CEST 2014

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 04:29:13PM +0200, wm4 wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Aug 2014 15:12:55 +0100
> Kieran Kunhya <kierank at obe.tv> wrote:
>
> > > like i said, iam happy to resign, if that reunites the projects and
> > > resolves the problems
> > > how can my resignation not be enough, if as you say iam the blocking
> > > factor ?
> >
> > You impose conditions on your resignation.
>
> We probably had this a dozens of times, but which are these? Would be
> nice if Michael could make this explicit.

in the end, there really are none.
FFmpeg is a project driven by its community, its that community which
must live with and under the conditions.

I just think that it would be bad if developers could block others
work and there was nothing that could deal with that.
one can say this in many different ways each havng a subtile different
effect, like
That authors and people actively maintaining some code cant be blocked
by people who are neither authors nor actively maintaining the code
in question.

Its all supposed to achive the same thing, ive no idea which, if any
makes most sense

In fact, the RIAA has been known to suggest that students drop out
of college or go to community college in order to be able to afford
settlements. -- The RIAA