[FFmpeg-devel] QuickTime Edit List Support

Alex M alexm65536 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 12:52:10 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm working on a project using FFmpeg which involves transcoding of
Quicktime MOV files that contain multiple edit lists. I have discovered
this raises issues with FFmpeg and support for (multiple) quicktime edit
lists.

This is a key requirement for this project so I am open to making and
submitting a patch to add proper edit list support to FFmpeg for Quicktime
edit lists.

I found this description of the problem on the FFmpeg wiki here:
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Small_FFmpeg_Tasks#QuickTime_Edit_List_Support
which mentions a patch that was submitted around March 2009.  Having looked
back through the archives of this mailing list I found a thread from Feb
2009 discussing a patch for this issue (
https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2009-February/065442.html). As
far as I can tell although a patch was sent to the mailing list this was
considered to be an incomplete patch and to not fix the problem and was
never merged into the FFmpeg codebase. The last post I could find on this
from the author of the patch mentioning they were busy and would be working
on a new patch soon (Feb 2009).

Could somebody please confirm that this issue is still considered
outstanding and that a  working patch has not been submitted? In which case
I’ll start work on this asap.

Thanks.