[FFmpeg-devel] QuickTime Edit List Support

Clément Bœsch u at pkh.me
Tue Sep 8 16:29:48 CEST 2015

On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 03:00:25PM +0100, Derek Buitenhuis wrote:
> On 9/8/2015 11:52 AM, Alex M wrote:
> > Could somebody please confirm that this issue is still considered
> > outstanding and that a  working patch has not been submitted? In which case
> > I’ll start work on this asap.
>
> Working this cleanly into the API is no small feat. Clément was working
> on this recently, and had even done some patches. I don't know what happened
> to them (they're somewhere in the mailing list archives). There was a lot
> of discussion on them.

Yes, here is the last one IIRC:

https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2015-January/167317.html

> Hopefully Clément will respond to this thread to clarify.

.o/

The state:

- I don't need it myself anymore (not using the Apple frameworks to avoid
  generating such file was an easier and more reliable solution with
  regards to everything in the world not supporting this feature)

- the uncertainty about FATE changes (see thread) still hold

- Lacking more test samples

- There might be some pts/dts adjustment in lavfi that might still
  conflict with this edit list support (see previous point for
  confirmation)

- Still not exactly a satisfying solution (typically, the export of the
  timeline is not generic, it's a dump of the atom)

I can rebase my work and let you play with it if you are interested.

Regards,

--
Clément B.