[FFmpeg-devel] AVClass & AVOption [VOTE]

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon May 30 14:15:58 CEST 2016

Rostislav Pehlivanov <atomnuker <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Anyone can go to fairs, mentor for GSoC, write on the MLs, etc.
> Not everyone has the time.

This is true, I completely agree.
I am not sure if I understand the relevance though: The list of
people on the voters committee contains both people who have
(a certain amount of) patches in FFmpeg but also people with
no (or only a very small number of) commits.
So I don't think this is related.

> The committe was made to govern this project in case questions
> (mainly technical) need to be resolved.

Yes, probably.

> And answering technical questions requires knowledge of the
> codebase.

Of course, this is why Thilo should be part of the committee.

> The codebase changes over time. New features like codecpar were
> added a bit more than a month ago. So someone who continuously
> improves the codebase would also follow what happens in the
> project and be qualified to make an answer.

Yes.
Note that I did mention Thilo fixed one of the codecpar regressions
making him qualified under your conditions.

Carl Eugen