[FFmpeg-devel] AVClass & AVOption [VOTE]

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Mon May 30 15:04:07 CEST 2016

Am 30.05.16 um 14:15 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> Rostislav Pehlivanov <atomnuker <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Anyone can go to fairs, mentor for GSoC, write on the MLs, etc.
>> Not everyone has the time.
>
> This is true, I completely agree.
> I am not sure if I understand the relevance though: The list of
> people on the voters committee contains both people who have
> (a certain amount of) patches in FFmpeg but also people with
> no (or only a very small number of) commits.
> So I don't think this is related.
>
>> The committe was made to govern this project in case questions
>> (mainly technical) need to be resolved.
>
> Yes, probably.
>
>> And answering technical questions requires knowledge of the
>> codebase.
>
> Of course, this is why Thilo should be part of the committee.
>
>> The codebase changes over time. New features like codecpar were
>> added a bit more than a month ago. So someone who continuously
>> improves the codebase would also follow what happens in the
>> project and be qualified to make an answer.
>
> Yes.
> Note that I did mention Thilo fixed one of the codecpar regressions
> making him qualified under your conditions.

Let's stop arguing, please. I'm out of the current vote anyway and if for
Rostislav (and probably others) it's just about counting commits I'm definitely
not among the top committers. If that's a valid metric for activity is another
question. However, IIRC the current committee has been chosen by that and
therefore it is kind of valid to weight that against me.

Thus if the voting committee wants me in, just vote me in. Everyone there should
be able to judge about my activity in the project including Rostislav who was
among the devs I've met and talked to at VDD'15 (IIRC). It's completely ok if he
thinks I'm not active enough for the committee.

-Thilo