[FFmpeg-devel] Budding developer

Tomas Härdin tjoppen at acc.umu.se
Thu Nov 22 22:17:24 EET 2018

fre 2018-11-23 klockan 00:58 +0530 skrev Sid Sharma:
> So I am currently pursuing my degree in computer science but I believe I
> have a pretty good foundation in C and also know my way around assembly and
> was wondering if the GSoC is the right place for me or am I aiming too
> high.

C + asm are certainly very relevant skills

> I am currenty in first year but a super geek. So can you guide me how
> this  works as I am new to opensource and would like to have a project
> under my belt. Please let me know if I also have to create a CV for the
> same.

I don't know how far along the plans for GSoC 2019 are, but if you have
a project idea you could pitch it. There's also some useful information
and ideas on the wiki(s):

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/WikiStart
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/SponsoringPrograms/GSoC/2018
https://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php/FFmpeg_Summer_Of_Code
https://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php/Small_FFmpeg_Tasks

Not all of this may be up to date, and it might not be all of it, but
it should give an idea at least.

/Tomas