[FFmpeg-devel] remove DEC Alpha DSP & support code

Vittorio Giovara vittorio.giovara at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 15:42:16 EEST 2024

On Mon, Jun 10, 2024 at 2:29 PM Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc>
wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 09, 2024 at 04:08:48PM -0400, Sean McGovern wrote:
> [...]
> > Side note: it seems GMail now prevents sending patches directly with
> > git send-email
>
> I have difficulty believing this, but if so, the problem is gmail
> and you should contact gmails support about this.

There is no such thing.

> if thats not possible or helpfull and you still want to keep
> using a servivce where you and your private data is the product,
> i must say iam quite impressed by how google got people in this
> mindset but anyway

Some people prefer convenience over privacy, it's been the technology trend
in the last decade or so.
As ffmpeg developers we should encourage contributions, not making people
feel bad at their setup because they use a system we don't like (and
hopefully pave the way to remove barriers, like with gitlab or gitead or
whatever).

As there are other gmail users on this list and it should affect
> others, if this is a real issue it probably is on topic for the ML
> to discuss how to use gmail with git

Just to clarify, gmail requires the use of an app password with less secure
email channels (such as through git send-email) - it's complicated and
cumbersome (
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68238912/how-to-configure-and-use-git-send-email-to-work-with-gmail-to-email-patches-to)
but not an unreasonable expectation.
--