[FFmpeg-devel] remove DEC Alpha DSP & support code

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Tue Jun 11 03:17:31 EEST 2024

On Mon, Jun 10, 2024 at 02:42:16PM +0200, Vittorio Giovara wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2024 at 2:29 PM Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc>
> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jun 09, 2024 at 04:08:48PM -0400, Sean McGovern wrote:
[...]
> > if thats not possible or helpfull and you still want to keep
> > using a servivce where you and your private data is the product,
> > i must say iam quite impressed by how google got people in this
> > mindset but anyway
> >

> Some people prefer convenience over privacy,

"no privacy", "no support", "convenience" , ok

> it's been the technology trend
> in the last decade or so.

yeah,
theres a real need for a "convenient" and "private" solution

> As ffmpeg developers we should encourage contributions,

yes

> not making people
> feel bad at their setup

<humor>

What a beautifull and convenient setup, ohh i wish i too could have my
private data given away (NOT SOLD) so companies can bid in auctions on
me (as i AM the PRODUCT).
People, please dont feel bad about your setup

> because they use a system we don't like

You dont like gmail? Why ?!
But then i see you use gmail, ... confused

</humor>

thx

Into a blind darkness they enter who follow after the Ignorance,
they as if into a greater darkness enter who devote themselves
to the Knowledge alone. -- Isha Upanishad