[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg presets file vs -preset option

Tarun singhal tsinghal18 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 15:32:29 CEST 2012

Hi ,

I would like to know , is there any actual difference in using preset
files provided along with ffmpeg in comparison to using -preset option
of x264options.
And I am talking with reference to encoding x264 files for ex:
Command 1:
ffmpeg -i pop.mp4 -f mp4 -r 24 -vcodec libx264 -preset slow -vprofile
high -s 300x300 -vb 100k -ab 128k -ar 44100 -ac 2 -y -threads 0
-strict experimental out.mp4

In command 2 rather using "-preset slow" option, I am using following
preset file.
libx264-slow.ffpreset

Would there any difference at all?
--