[FFmpeg-user] compil ffmpeg with alsa support

gipsyblues kofi.obiriyeboah at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 08:39:54 CEST 2012

@khenyh said:
*I run configure --extra-libs=-lasound,
then I modify config.h and config.mak
and then run make.

And the alsa files are compiled. *
*I run configure --extra-libs=-lasound,
then I modify config.h and config.mak
and then run make.

And the alsa files are compiled. *

I have successfully built ffmpeg with alsa support on a PC running Ubuntu
10.10. I do have libasound installed on this computer
. I tried to build another version of ffmpeg, this time for android - please
note that both versions have IDENTICAL libavdevice files. However in the
android targeted case I am missing alsa support. The alsa files in
libavdevice do not compile at all. This is what I can glean from the
config.log file.

    jasongipsyblues at android-master:~/android-ffmpeg/Project/jni/ffmpeg$ cat
config.log|grep alsa

       alsa_indev

      alsa_outdev

    alsa_asoundlib_h

INDEV_LIST='alsa_indev

OUTDEV_LIST='alsa_outdev

alsa_indev='yes'

*alsa_indev_deps='alsa_asoundlib_h snd_pcm_htimestamp'*

alsa_outdev='yes

*alsa_outdev_deps='alsa_asoundlib_h'*
indevs_if_any='alsa_indev

outdevs_if_any='alsa_outdevI run configure --extra-libs=-lasound,

*check_lib2 alsa/asoundlib.h snd_pcm_htimestamp -lasound*

check_func_headers alsa/asoundlib.h snd_pcm_htimestamp -lasound

    1	#include <alsa/asoundlib.h>

/tmp/ffconf.VCjQQAHQ.c:1:28: error: alsa/asoundlib.h: No such file or
directory*
It appears alsa/asoundlib.h and snd_pcm_htimestamp.c are needed for a
successful build. In the case of the android version these files are not
found
Comparing this build to that of the Ubuntu build, this is what I get when I
grep for alsa

*jasongipsyblues at android-master:~/ffmpeg$ cat config.log|grep alsa*

    alsa_indev

    alsa_outdev

    alsa_asoundlib_h

INDEV_LIST='alsa_indev

OUTDEV_LIST='alsa_outdev

alsa_indev='yes'

*alsa_indev_deps='alsa_asoundlib_h snd_pcm_htimestamp'*

alsa_outdev='yes'

*alsa_outdev_deps='alsa_asoundlib_h'*

indevs_if_any='alsa_indev
outdevs_if_any='alsa_outdev
*check_lib2 alsa/asoundlib.h snd_pcm_htimestamp -lasound*

*check_func_headers alsa/asoundlib.h snd_pcm_htimestamp -lasound*

   * 1	#include <alsa/asoundlib.h>*

In both cases the dependencies are checked and both versions show identical
dependencies. However in the case of the android version, the check for the
dependencies fail. I have checked the compilers and the Ubuntu compiler does
not have any reference to where libasound is located, yet it is able to find
it for the Ubuntu version
 How does one add the ability to find the dependencies to the build for
android. @khenyh appears to have solved it however his write up is not
helpful
Any suggestions in this direction will be appreciated

khenyh wrote