[FFmpeg-user] Encode video to play on older DVD player?

. peace at AleksandrSolzhenitsyn.net
Wed Dec 26 14:59:42 CET 2012

On 12/26/2012 06:20 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> . <peace <at> AleksandrSolzhenitsyn.net> writes:
>
>> I want to encode some home DVD's so that they'll play on an older DVD
>> player in my car (which is a a 2003).
>>
>> What must I do?
> I don't think the DVD specification was changed since 2003,
> so it is difficult to understand the question.
I made several home movies and made a dvd of them using DVDStyler (to
include all of the fancy menus and such). The DVDs play perfectly on my
home DVD player(s) (no matter how old the player is) but when I try to
play the same DVDs on the player in the car I get; "Disk Error" message.
Of course any DVD that has been commercially made plays perfectly in the
car's player.

How would mplayer -dumpstream help?

Thanks,

Carl