[FFmpeg-user] Encode video to play on older DVD player?

Phil Turmel philip at turmel.org
Wed Dec 26 15:45:09 CET 2012

On 12/26/2012 08:59 AM, . wrote:
> I made several home movies and made a dvd of them using DVDStyler (to
> include all of the fancy menus and such). The DVDs play perfectly on my
> home DVD player(s) (no matter how old the player is) but when I try to
> play the same DVDs on the player in the car I get; "Disk Error" message.
> Of course any DVD that has been commercially made plays perfectly in the
> car's player.

You might want to take a closer look at the specifications for your
car's player.  I've seen older players that didn't support burned media
at all, and some that only supported certain types.

If you can't find the specs, you could try switching from DVD+R to DVD-R
or vice-versa.  Anyways, it's probably not ffmpeg's problem.  Good luck.

HTH,

Phil