[FFmpeg-user] Zeranoe Windows builds spiking CPU to 100% randomly

Jan Ehrhardt phpdev at ehrhardt.nl
Wed Jul 11 03:18:04 CEST 2012

Andy Sheen in gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user (Tue, 10 Jul 2012 23:34:12
+0100):
>Roger Pack wrote on Tue 10 Jul at 21:26 UK time
>
>> Dang.  Some windows pthread race condition woe?
>
>Yup.

What happens if you --enable-w32threads? I do not know why Zeranoe
disabled w32threads, but in my builds w32threads are enabled. This might
be the reason why the spikes are not present when I am using my own
builds...

>Where now? Any build from this year is useless as far as I'm concerned...

Could you try my build of the 20120622 sources? Lots of libs are not
enabled because I do not need them, but libmp3lame, libfaac and libx264
are compiled in:
http://x32.elijst.nl/FFmpeg-20120622.7z

Of course, I am also interested in the speed of the transcoding, so
please give me feedback on that as well. I was frustrated that my own
MinGW builds were slower than Zeranoe's builds, so I tried MinGW64 on
Windows for a change. Older compiler (4.2.5), but the resulting binaries
were quite up-to-speed.

Jan