[FFmpeg-user] Zeranoe Windows builds spiking CPU to 100% randomly

Andy Sheen sheen.andy at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 11 13:23:47 CEST 2012

Roger Pack wrote on Wed 11 Jul at 1:05 UK time
>> So... ffmpeg_g exists. I run it but I can't get windows windbg to see
>> the symbols in the file :(. I also have the same problem with cygwin gdb
>> as the compile was done with a mingw compiler... <sigh>
>
> Try mingw gdb.  Also did you try very sleepy or the other things I mentioned?
> -r

very sleepy alters the behaviour of the code (which does indicate a race
condition of some sort I guess). Whilst I know off list links aren't
liked, this shows 3 runs of exactly the same code

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj287/arad85/miscpics/3-encodes.gif

1st run, ffmpeg_g running. You can see the significant lockups (and can
also understand perhaps why I think there's such an issue).

2nd run, ffmpeg_g running when very sleepy has already been started but
is not "aware" of ffmpeg_g process (i.e. I started very sleepy before I
set off the ffmpeg_g process and did not refresh the list of processes
in very sleepy). Again, significant lockups.

3rd run is exactly the same encode, but with the refresh button of very
sleepy pressed as soon as practical after starting ffmpeg_g (in fact, I
haven't been able to get it to lock up at all when sleepy is aware of
the process.

I'll try mingw gdb later....