[FFmpeg-user] Zeranoe Windows builds spiking CPU to 100% randomly

Andy Sheen sheen.andy at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 14 11:42:18 CEST 2012

Roger Pack wrote on Fri 13 Jul at 19:33 UK time
>> Can't easily see a 64-bit gdb, yes, I can build a 32 bit version and see
>> if the same problem occurs, but it does point to a race condition in the
>> wingw implementation of pthreads at the moment.
>
> Do these work?
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/External%20binary%20packages%20(Win64%20hosted)/gdb

Yes! Missed those. Thanks.

I've not used gdb in the last 10-15 years (!). Any ideas how to stop the
code and see what it is doing when it is 100% locked? As I can't ctrl-c
the code when it is locked, I'm not sure how to stop it.

What I really need is a

set break when CPU=100%

command, but I doubt that exists....

Or do you not need any more help from me now that you can reproduce?

> Cheers!
> -roger-

Andy