[FFmpeg-user] Zeranoe Windows builds spiking CPU to 100% randomly

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 18:23:51 CEST 2012

> I've not used gdb in the last 10-15 years (!). Any ideas how to stop the
> code and see what it is doing when it is 100% locked? As I can't ctrl-c
> the code when it is locked, I'm not sure how to stop it.

Have you tried ctrl-c within gdb? It might work...
gdb can "attach" to remote processes, though I'm not sure if this
works in windows...

Another option that I thought about but never actually attempted was
to "wait until it locks, then attach very sleepy to it for about 1s"
to see if VS will give you the backtraces...
-r