[FFmpeg-user] About license of FFmpeg

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri May 17 00:46:19 CEST 2013

Duong Tuan Dat (FSU15.BU3 <DatDT4 <at> fsoft.com.vn> writes:

> I use FFmpeg to mux a video and an audio file together
> by calling FFmpeg.exe in my application

If you choose to distribute a binary based on
FFmpeg source code (like for example ffmpeg.exe),
then please do not forget that you have to also
distribute the (exact) source that was used to
compile the binary.

And please understand that if you choose to
compile ffmpeg.exe with "--enable-nonfree" it
means that you cannot legally distribute the
resulting binary.

Carl Eugen