[FFmpeg-user] Confusion about fieldmatch, decimate and framerate (now with yadif)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Nov 12 13:44:30 CET 2013

Nicholas Robbins <nickrobbins <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> > > I guess fieldmatch doesn't mark the frames it can't
> > > deal with. It just leaves them where they are.
>
> >  This would be a serious bug, if you can actually reproduce
> >  it, please upload the five-ten relevant frames.

(The five to ten original encoded frames.)

> I've put them in robbins-fieldmatch-yadif.tgz in incoming.

I can now reproduce the problem which may be fine for you.

Unfortunately, if I'd like to fix it how would I know it
is fixed? Seriously, you should always upload source files
and not output files.

In this case, try to cut your input sample (with mkvmerge?)
to get a small mkv file that allows to reproduce the problem.

Carl Eugen