[FFmpeg-user] Applying filters for selected frames?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Dec 21 20:53:15 CET 2014

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 19:36:07 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> You should not use a deinterlacing filter on
> non-interlaced material.

My bad, thanks for the clarification.

I think I had this thread in the back of my mind:
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2014-May/021412.html

which introduces use of the idet filter to detect interlacing (type).

Including your (Carl's) important disclaimer comment:
> to decide whether or mot to deinterlace a video, only the actual
> content is relevant: Progressive content is often encoded as
> interlaced and it is of course possible (although unlikely) that
> interlaced content is encoded using progressive frames.

So Jan (the OP) will have to check what applies to his material.

Moritz