[FFmpeg-user] Applying filters for selected frames? [SOLVED]

Jan Sever n32 at email.cz
Sun Dec 21 22:35:10 CET 2014

On 12/21/2014 8:53 PM, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> My bad, thanks for the clarification.
You needn't apologize at all, your help is very notable.

> I think I had this thread in the back of my mind:
> http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2014-May/021412.html
>
> which introduces use of the idet filter to detect interlacing (type).
Wow, I didn't know about this: it solves my problem even much more better.

> So Jan (the OP) will have to check what applies to his material.
Timeline-editing is exactly what I asked for, but you wrote me about even
better solution (previous note).

So in other words both solutions are excellent but the first is better ;-),
marking as SOLVED. Many thanks to everybody, you solved the problem faster
than very quickly.

Jan Sever

P.S. Sorry for keeping you waiting so long for my answer, I had to unmask
newer version of ffmpeg first (in Gentoo ffmpeg-2 is still marked as
unstable), recompile it and test both solutions (I didn't have a usable mixed
record with both progressive and interlaced frames /big compression prevented
from detection of interlacing/, so I made it from two).